Nuvagen™ collagen dressings are is are made of Type 1, 100% bovine collagen, which has been lyophilized for immediate use by the body and creates a wound environment highly conducive for healing. Nuvagen™ is easily applied to the wound bed, attracting the cellular components necessary to stimulate the healing process.
For the management of burns, sores, blisters, ulcers, and other wound’s including the management of: first and second degree burns, partial thickness wounds, pressure ulcers stage II to IV, and light to heavily exudating wounds.
- Primary hydrophilic dressing for wounds
- Maintains a moist, wound healing environment
- May be used in combination with other topical agents
- Easy to apply
- Conforms well to wound surfaces and shapes
|1002||2” x 2” (5 cm x 5 cm)||5/box – 4 boxes/case|
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- Full-thickness and partial thickness wounds
- Donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds
- Second degree burns
- Infected wounds
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- Dehisced surgical wounds
Wound care is a complex and evolving discipline. CPN is committed to accelerating the science and technology of wound healing by developing innovative products and education programs. We are focused on assisting healthcare professionals and improving each patient’s individual journey of healing. Our commitment is to bring innovative solutions to the complex problems associated with wound care.
CPN prides itself in offering the most advanced, easy-to-use and superior line of wound dressings that cover all phases and stages of wound care. CPN’s line of Wound Care products represent years of quality and innovation, trusted by countless health care providers.
Wound care specialists know that wounds must be kept clean, covered, and moist in order to heal. To assist modern caregivers in the superior management of acute, chronic, or burn wounds, CPN offers a line of products that are uniquely constructed using the latest technology.
Nuvagen™ is designed to keep the gel in intimate contact with the wound bed. It is ideal for packing into and around the sides of the wound. While wound gels alone tend to pool at the base of deeper wounds, leaving portions of the wound bed uncovered, Nuvagen™ maintains close contact to the wound surface and the gel. Nuvagen™ dressings add moisture to a dry wound. They offer a “cooling” effect, act as a barrier, and provide moisture for wound types that would benefit from this type of healing environment.
- Remove prior dressings entirely.
- Rinse the wound. Normal saline or cleansing agent is preferred, but luke-warm water may be used in its place.
- Pat the wound with a clean towel to remove excess fluids/water.
- Apply the dressing by rolling from one end to the other to reduce trapped air and maximize contact.
- Cover the dressing with two 2×2 pieces of the supplied sterile gauze.
- Wrap one roll of gauze bandage around the wound and dressings.
- Secure dressing, gauze, and bandage in place with medical tape.
- Repeat process the each subsequent day until wound supplies are exhausted or the doctor tells you that you can stop. Please note if the bandage should get wet, remove the dressing and reapply new dressing.