Nuvagen™ collagen powder dressings are made of Type 1, 100% bovine collagen, which has been hydrolyzed for immediate use by the body and creates a wound environment highly conducive for healing. Nuvagen™ collagen powder is easily applied to the wound bed, attracting the cellular components necessary to stimulate the healing process.
For the management of burns, sores, blisters, ulcers, and other wound’s including the management of: first and second degree burns, partial thickness wounds, pressure ulcers stage II to IV, and light to heavily exudating wounds.
- Primary hydrophilic dressing for wounds
- Maintains a moist, wound healing environment
- May be used in combination with other topical agents
- Easy to apply
- Conforms well to wound surfaces and shapes
- Second degree burns
- Infected wounds
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- Dehisced surgical wounds
|2001||1 gm Powder Packet||5/box – 4 boxes/case|
- Diabetic ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- Full-thickness and partial thickness wounds
- Donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds
Wound care is a complex and evolving discipline. CPN is committed to accelerating the science and technology of wound healing by developing innovative products and education programs. We are focused on assisting healthcare professionals and improving each patient’s individual journey of healing. Our commitment is to bring innovative solutions to the complex problems associated with wound care.
CPN prides itself in offering the most advanced, easy-to-use and superior line of wound dressings that cover all phases and stages of wound care. CPN’s line of Wound Care products represent years of quality and innovation, trusted by countless health care providers.
Wound care specialists know that wounds must be kept clean, covered, and moist in order to heal. To assist modern caregivers in the superior management of acute, chronic, or burn wounds, CPN offers a line of products that are uniquely constructed using the latest technology.
Nuvagen™ Collagen powder is a unique collagen matrix dressing that allows you to overcome barriers to wound closure while maintaining an optimal moist wound environment. Nuvagen™ dressings absorb moisture from your wound creating the perfect healing environment. Nuvagen™ is high in absorption capabilities and maximum comfort. Nuvagen™ provides strength, elasticity, and structure to tissues and plays an important role in wound healing. When the dressing comes in contact with the wound it will form a healing gel.
- Rinse the wound. Normal saline or cleansing agent is preferred, but luke-warm water may be used in its place.
- Pat the wound with a clean towel to remove excess fluids/water.
- Pour the collagen powder on the wound.
- Cover the collagen powder with two pieces of the supplied sterile gauze.
- Wrap one roll of gauze bandage around the wound and dressings.
- Secure dressing, gauze, and bandage in place with medical tape.
- Repeat process the each subsequent day until wound supplies are exhausted or the doctor tells you that you can stop. Please note if the bandage should get wet, remove the dressing and reapply new dressing.